ExaGrid EX Series Disk Backup Solution with Data Deduplication
ExaGrid's disk-based backup with deduplication product line revolutionizes how organizations backup and protect their data. By leveraging your current backup application and replacing tape in your nightly backup process, ExaGrid's simple, turnkey appliance can:
- Reduce the disk space required by at least 10:1, and up to 50:1
- Shorten your backup window by 30-90%, ensuring all of your data is fully protected
- Improve your disaster recovery plan through off-site disk-based retention of your data
- Reduce the amount of time your IT staff spends on managing backups
- Scale easily and cost-effectively with your data growth
- Fully protect your virtualized environment
- Reduce other costs associated with tape-based backup
Technical details about the ExaGrid disk backup with data deduplication product line can be found below. Or click on the box to the right to request a live chat or click the Budgetary Pricing button on this page.
- Turnkey appliance: installs easily, reduces IT time and cost
- Post-process deduplication provides faster backups and restores
- GRID scalability
- Off-site disaster recovery for backup
- ExaGrid EX Series Product Line – Simple, Turnkey Appliances
ExaGrid's disk backup appliances work seamlessly with the industry's leading backup applications, and the appliance typically installs in about one hour. The product line's six appliance models can be combined into a GRID configuration for environments of up to 100TB.￼
Each model is rated for a full backup size plus months of retention. For example, a 5TB ExaGrid server (EX5000) can store a 5TB full backup (5TB of primary data) plus up to 16 weeks of retention/history. If a 100TB system is required, then ten EX10000Es are used and virtualize into a single, GRID-based system.
Because of ExaGrid's unique Landing Zone Architecture (described below), each model has roughly twice the amount of useable disk to the size of the full backup it can land and store.